Sunday, October 10, 2010

baby girl names


I came acrossed this list of the current top 100 baby names.

I laughed when I saw "Evelyn" still on the rise. This is my baby girl's name and it comes from her Great Grandmother, who has been aching for a baby to be named after her for decades (she has 40 grandchildren now!). Needless to say, she was thrilled when my girl's middle name was announced as Evelyn.

Funny thing, the very next year Evelyn appeared on the top names list at number 50.
Now it's 39.

Do you have secret baby names?

If I had twin girls, they'd be Norah and Lucie.

Norah for Ephron and Jones, and Lucie for my Mom's middle name, Lucille, and because I just think it's darling.

I recently found my handwritten list of name ideas I scratched out early in my pregnancy. (This was before Mr Right found "Mirabella" in a baby name book - that was our instant winner.)
My short list included:
Charlie-Rose
Ainsley
Arianne
Olivia
Ava
Brenna

Mirabella, how did I know exactly who you were? :)

photo of my girl in Chanel-inspired pink herringbone suit I bought THE DAY I found out I was having a girl